7.25.2009

Let's... um, start, or some junk.

I have a feeling that the only way I'm going to do this is to hold my nose and jump in, so here we go.

So let's see. Anybody who knows about this blog will probably either know me or Lauren, so hi, I'm Jon. People have been telling me to start a blog for a long time, although I think it's mostly so I can leave them alone and put all my ramblings in a place that's easier to ignore. I guess we'll find out.

Lauren and I share a stand in a little community band in Pittsburgh, playing trombone, which leaves us a lot of time to sit around and philosophize on topics ranging from stuff that nobody cares about to stuff that people probably should care about, but usually don't. We sit in the back row, which is where the name comes from. This gives us a pretty unique view of the band, where we can see a lot of what goes on, but aren't really in a position to comment on it without yelling down to the front.  Excuse me- we play in an award-winning community band in Pittsburgh.

I'll probably end up talking a lot about music, because I do that. I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I rarely let that stop me; I just put a ton of disclaimers in front of whatever I say. (eg, I don't really know what I'm talking about.) I also have a proclivity for watching the Japanese cartoons, especially the bad ones from the early 90s. (There were some good ones in the early 90s, I just have a lot of fun with the bad ones!) There's a good story, reproduced very briefly in the sidebar, about how Lauren and I realized common interests because I made an offhand comment about how Wicked was shoujo-ai- it will have to be told in depth at some point. So next time I see one of those gloriously bad 90s anime, you'll probably see a post about it. I'm also thinking it might be fun (!) to talk about my struggles with low range as a trombonist, since my low range is awful and I'm working pretty hard to correct it, although not making a whole lot of progress. And there's a pretty good possibility that I'll put up funny stuff that happens in band!

So I guess that's me. Now, on to content posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment