However, I did get some face time, and here are my thoughts:
- Spent a lot of time on flexibility exercises today. Didn't get tired very quickly at all. Feeling a little more confident about how things are working, although I still feel like I am overshooting my partials a bit.
- Endurance is better. Still had to take some breaks, but I definitely could play for longer stretches and recovered faster.
- Tone is in the tank today, but I don't think this is because of the mouthpiece.
- Managed to barely eek out a pedal F, which sounded good on the 4CL. I'm getting there!
- Played through the Rimsky-Korsakov just to see where I was. Was starting to get tired at the end, definitely. This mouthpiece really does use less air -- several passages that I struggled to have enough breath to get through before were fine (dare I say... easy) this time.
- Sometimes when I opened up and played quite loud, my tone sounded great. Hmmm.
That's all I've got for today.